YOU SHOULD BE DOING LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of road work by now – jogging for distance and/or time….
You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.
Friday MARCH 1st………….. and March 2nd …. time TBA depending on weather
1. Running Distance or for time is key – either before a pre season throwing session or after – the body will react positively when warm and soreness will lessen if you run after
2. ACTIVE WARM UP – all kinds of shoulder rotational excercises that we have done in our program for years
3. DO NOT THROW HARD = you will not get any better or more speed on your ball by throwing hard in pre season – every clinic our staff has gone to over the past few years has had ONE COMMON theme: LONG TOSS LONG TOSS LONG TOSS…. this builds strength and stamina .
4. When indoors – light throwing, concentrate on throwing with your legs and body – NOT ALL ARM – 10 minutes of light to moderate throwing with 2 weeks before the season – if arm gets tired sooner = STOP
5. If you get any warm days – Find a field and start at 50 feet and move back in intervals of 10 feet- up to 180 feet – and then back to 50
6. Static stretch and running after throwing IS RECOMMENDED
7. Pitchers should be close to the 40 pitch mark by the first day of practice if they have worked since January with a gradual pitch count build up
The annual spaghetti dinner will be held TUESDAY MARCH 12 – in the HS cafeteria as 630……. tickets on sale soon…..
Every year we are asked by the general public if we have hats for sale – this year WE DO!! Maroon with white M –OR– a Gray hat with maroon bill and M – $20- FITTED hats sized by #…….. contact Coach C ASAP – by 2/10/13- email@example.com
The most important pre season baseball meeting for ALL LEVELS of those trying out is on February 12, 2013 – after school in room 522….. PLEASE START GETTING IN THOSE PHYSICALS and BP FORMS – the nurse and trainer will be there on the day of the meeting to give BPs to those who already have physicals on file…. DO NOT WAIT until last minute…. ALL PHYSICALS and BP forms are due no later than Feb 22