MATAWAN HS BASEBALL TEAM RULES
1. Hustle 100% of the time. We will out-hustle and out-work our opponents.
2. You will run out all ground and fly balls at full speed, no matter how inevitable a put out might appear.
3. Helmet throwing, equipment throwing, and use of profanity and/or temper tantrums will not be tolerated and you may be removed from the game.
4. You will not show up/confront umpires, opposing players, opposing coaches, or spectators. You will address the coaches properly at all times. Private conversations about disagreements are encouraged. An open dialogue is encouraged for both player and parent.
5. Be on time! There will be NO excuses accepted for being late for practice or a game unless we are notified in advance.
6. Missed practices without prior arrangements will not be tolerated. One missed practice, one game suspension; two, two game suspension; three, you are removed from the team. (Some absences are excusable; contacting your coach will show your responsibility).
7. If for some reason you will be absent or late for practice or game you will personally talk to one of the coaches prior to the practice or game time, preferably at least one-day in advance. If you miss school due to an illness, send an e-mail or text message to a coach that morning. Missing time/games for recreational activity is not a good situation for anyone and each case will be dealt with by the coaching staff.
8. No one will leave practice or a game early without prior approval of one of the coaches
9. Unexcused absences, getting sent to the office with a referral, being sent to detention, AEP, are all unacceptable and will be dealt with consequences.
10. No bullying, harassing or hazing of other students or teammates.
11. CLEAN game uniforms must be worn correctly at all times. You are not only representing yourself, but also representing your teammates and coaches, family, school, community, and the game itself.
12. You must be in uniform for all practices: team hat, team shirt/jersey, grey pants. Only Matawan colors are permitted and uniforms must be worn correctly at all times.
13. When outside, sleeves must be worn at all times until a coach directs otherwise.
14. If you are sore/hurt/injured, you must tell a coach and seek the proper treatment from the trainer. Barring an emergency, players should see the trainer before seeing a family doctor regarding an athletic injury.
15. Everyone will work to maintain our field and keep it clean. Pick up and throw away all garbage. Leave the dugout and field area in better conditions than when you arrived.
16. OUTSIDE TRAVEL BASEBALL IS OVER until the final pitch of our season.
17. You will stay in good academic standing or be forced to miss time upon teacher request.
18. No alcohol or drugs use as per the Board of Education policy and student athlete handbook
DISCIPLINARY ACTION FOR BREAKING TEAM RULES • Discipline will include but is not limited to the following: running laps or sprints, doing exercises, suspension for a certain number of innings or games, or dismissal from the team – ALL BASED ON THE DECISION OF THE ENTIRE COACHING STAFF.